The Ukrainian Canadian Congress – Saskatoon Branch (UCC-SB) is a federation of organizations from within the Saskatoon Ukrainian Community. It assists the Saskatoon Ukrainian Community in maintaining, developing and sharing its Ukrainian Canadian identity and aspirations.
The UCC-SB is affiliated with the Ukrainian Canadian Congress – Saskatchewan Provincial Council (UCC-SPC) and the national body, the Ukrainian Canadian Congress (UCC).
WHO IS THE UCC-SPC?
The Ukrainian Canadian Congress – Saskatchewan Provincial Council (UCC-SPC) is an inclusive, self-sustaining, vibrant organization that serves the Saskatchewan Ukrainian community to maintain, develop and share its Ukrainian Canadian identity, culture and aspirations.
The UCC-SPC board is made up of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Past President and four Members-at-Large plus the Presidents of the UCC branches in Saskatchewan .
There are seven UCC branches in Saskatchewan . The UCC-SPC board meets four times per year in different centers, hosted by the branch where the meeting is held. On the agenda of these board meetings are reports by the branch presidents on the activities of their UCC Branch and their Ukrainian Community. Go to www.ucc.sk.ca for more information.
WHO IS THE UCC?
There are six Provincial Councils and twenty-five Branches representing the Ukrainian community in Canada on provincial and local levels. They are all separate legal entities. They use the name "UCC" in accordance with Section 22 of the Constitution of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress. Provincial Councils and Branches send their delegates to the Triennial Congress of Ukrainian Canadians. In addition, each Provincial Council has a representative on the UCC's Board of Directors. Go to www.ucc.ca for more information.
We are a broad based Saskatoon federation of Ukrainian organizations which assists its community in its desire to maintain, develop and share its Ukrainian Canadian identity and aspirations.
A. Community Support:
- We initiate/coordinate activities/programs/events of interest/value to the Ukrainian community which a member organization is not in a position to undertake.
- We provide monetary support.
- We advocate for Ukrainian bilingual education and other cultural programs.
- We produce news releases about Ukrainian community events.
B. Teamwork and Cooperation:
- Representatives to UCC-SB council are informed and share information with their organization's members.
- Our member organization's membership attends and supports each other's events.
- An events calendar is used to reduce date conflicts for events.
- We support UCC-SPC and national UCC programs and projects.
C. Service and Dependability:
- We promote/advertise member organization's events/projects.
- Representatives take their role seriously and fulfill their obligations diligently.
- We plan and execute our plans to a high degree of effectiveness.
- We seek new/novel ways to achieve our objectives.
- We explore and welcome new ideas.
F. Respect and Integrity:
- We value each representative's input and perspective.
- We evaluate ideas rather than the person that shares an idea.
- We conduct our affairs in an open and accountable manner.
- We celebrate and honour the contributions made by members of the Ukrainian community.
- Maximize the capacity of the Ukrainian community in maintaining, developing and sharing its identity, culture and aspirations.
- Support the purposes and objects of the national Ukrainian Canadian Congress as listed in its constitution.
- Adhere to democratic principles and provide leadership.
- Represent and serve the Saskatoon Ukrainian community.
- Contribute to the cultural diversity in Saskatoon .
OUR GOALS ARE TO
- Act as an authoritative representative for the Saskatoon Ukrainian Canadian community before the people of Saskatoon and the City of Saskatoon.
- Strengthen and co-ordinate the participation of Ukrainian Canadians in Saskatoon 's social and cultural life.
- Promote the development of friendly and mutually beneficial relations between Saskatoon and Ukraine.
- Lend support to the Ukrainian Canadian Congress Saskatchewan Provincial Council towards its goal of assisting Ukraine in building an independent, united, democratic state.
- Assist in the preservation and development of Ukrainian culture in Saskatoon.
- Promote sustainable organizational development.
- Communicate effectively with our membership and stakeholders.
- Encourage innovation and creativity.